Tuesday, May 6, 2008

That is one big dog

Today we went to the vet for "Jakie's" annual exam. To get his shots, check-up, etc. Like all other exams, he had to do the "dreaded weigh-in". Thank goodness he didn't need to de-robe :) And believe it or not he weighed 111 pounds. I think that is the weight of my sister and sister in law "pre baby weight". Holy toledo. Well I guess the "fat family" will start to have to loose weight or we all will be in trouble. Speaking of which my gastric bypass surgery is tentavely currently scheduled for May 19th. The reason I say tentavely is we are waiting for the funds to come through if not then it will be the following week. I am really looking forward to it. I am not scared at all. I am ready to start feeling better and get back to work. I haven't been working since I was laid off at Aurora Loan Services and Dennis and I decided together since I wanted to have this surgery, why not now! So we wait...

As you can probably figure out I love food so I wanted to share an easy, fast and delicious recipe from Paula herself: I read this out of her magazine and my family loves it:

Vegi Soup
A.K.A. Cold Night Soup
1 lb. ground chuck (hamburger)
1 small onion, chopped
2 (19 ounce) cans hearty vegtable soup (I like Campbell's)
2 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
1 (11 ounce) can whole kernal corn
1 small can diced green chiles
In a large skillet combine ground chuck and onion; cook over medium heat until beek is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
In a 6 quart electric slow cooker, combine beef mixture, coup, diced tomatoes, corn and green chilies. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
** Note if you would like you can add 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, I am not a fan of lima beans so I omitted them :)

1 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Thank you! By the way...your blog looks AWESOME!!! But don't you have any better pictures of Jason and I :) What a chunky little Jakie...he does weigh as much as me!!! That's too funny...ha ha! Love you!